Floral Designer – Full time
Are you a floral designer passionate about the industry and looking for a position in a fast-paced business focused on superior design, creative business, and event production?
At Heather de Kok Floral Design, we’re more than just flowers. For more than 15 years, Heather de Kok Floral Design has served the people of Edmonton, and our reputation has grown to be one of the best flower shops in town. We are one of FTD’s top 100 in the world and the only shop in Edmonton designated to design the beautiful Vera Wang flower design collection.
In addition to running the flower shop, Heather de Kok, AAF AIFD PFCI is also producer of Edmonton’s Art in Bloom festival (2015) and the recent Maple Leaf Cup Floral Design Competition, which took place at the Edmonton Expo Centre (March 18, 2016). Heather believes in being committed to the floral design industry and encouraging others to set their sights on professional development too. Come and work with a leader in the field; Heather is:
* one of Canadian Florist Magazine’s Top 10 Designers Under 40 (2014);
* a White House Florist (2015);
* on Flowers Across Melbourne’s list of the World’s 50 Most Influential Florists (2015);
* a Canadian representative at the Gateway to the Americas Cup international competition (2012, 2014, 2016) ~ Winner of the Table Scape Competition (2014); and
* contributor to two award-winning floats at the Tournament of Roses parade in Pasadena, California (2008).
Position: Heather de Kok is seeking a passionate floral designer with an affinity for event planning and social media. The person in this full-time, salaried, position will work closely with Heather on executing her vision for a flower studio that is evolving, working with trends in other industries, and being innovative in the events it produces. Their floral designs will be innovative, creative, and their customer service skills will be top-notch.
Qualifications and experience:
* 3+ years experience as a floral designer with the ability to make floral arrangements for weddings, funerals, special events and all occasions
* Good business/industry knowledge
* Demonstrated knowledge and interest in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
* Some experience in event planning
* Consistently dependable, conscientious and punctual
* Demonstrated initiative and motivation
Please send your resume and cover letter to Heather de Kok at firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting is open until the appropriate candidate is found.